How To Make Plantain Chips – Recipe
Plantain chips are a great alternative to potato or vegetable chips / crisps. This Plantain chips recipe is simple to make and tasty.
Cooking this Plantain Chips Recipe? Share your pictures with us:
Plantain Chips Recipe
2 Large green plantain or 3 green banana
2 tbsp of vegetable or olive oil
Salt to seasoning
Prep & Baking Guidance
- Chop plantains or bananas into big chunks pieces (4 cms approximately)
- In a large pan with boiled water add plantain and cook until soft
- Drain & rinse with cold water
- Peel the skin and finely slice them
- In a fry pan add oil and fry the slices, turning them and until golden and crunchy
- Season with salt
- Eat it as a snack with your favourite drink. Enjoy!
Alternatively you can skip the boiling process and slice the raw plantain or banana in thin pieces and fry them.