Carrot Cake Recipe
This super moist carrot cake recipe is simply delicious and a winner any day of the week.
Cooking this Carrot Cake Recipe? Share your pictures with us:
How To Make This Carrot Cake Recipe
250g sunflower oil
4 large eggs
225g light brown sugar
200g carrots, peeled & grated
300g self-raising flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground mixed spices
1 tsp ground ginger
75g walnuts chopped. Reserve 3 halved for decoration
For the cream cheese icing:
50g butter, room temperature
100g icing sugar
180g full fat cream cheese (small pack)
3 drops of vanilla extract
Prep & Baking Guidance:
- Preheat the oven to 160 C (fan). Grease a 9” (23cm) baking tin and line the base of the tin with a baking parchment. You can use also 2 deep 8” (20 cm) tins.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients for the cake mixture as shown below (cake ingredients list). Spoon the mixture into the cake tin or evenly between the tins if you are using two.
- Put the cake tin in the oven and bake for about 45-50 minutes. Or until golden brown (or 35 minutes if you are using two tins of 8”). Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Make the cream cheese icing. Put into a bowl the butter, cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla, using a hand or electric whisk until smooth and thoroughly blended.
- Halve the cake. Spread half of the cream cheese filling on base half. Sit the other cake halve on top. Spread the remaining cream cheese icing on top. Decorate the top of the cake with the halved walnuts. Enjoy!
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Chopping Board https://amzn.to/2w4Tp1k
Chefs Knife https://amzn.to/2R052Ow
Piping Bag Set https://amzn.to/3bFOh2Q
Stand Mixer https://amzn.to/2UAhR41
Hand Mixer https://amzn.to/2Xc00T1
Hand Blender https://amzn.to/39x51rt